Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Not poetry

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just was thinking, how like poetry music is. How wonderfull it is that we have it, and listen to it. We have music for every need, want, desire, and yearning. We have music for everything, and I love it. I want to make a living out of making it.. and I just love music.
    this may seem like a rant about nothing, and I suppose in it's utmost essense it is. But fuck it. I just want the world to know I'm gonna make it. I'm gonna be famous for making music, and I'm gonna make music.
    that's my goal, and there's not anyone,
    nor anything,
    that will EVER be able to hold me back.
    Today marks the beginning of the in-evitable end.
    And I will leave my mark [img]wink.gif[/img]
    or i'll d-i-e trying...
    and seeing as i'm already dying, i'm off to a great start...
    let's see if I can't finish the job.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member sarafina mable's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2002
    Posts
    98
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    maybe today isn't the beginning of the "in-evitable end",
    and instead the end of the beginning that brought you to this great awakening- and now you can dive right in, head first, with the knowledge you've gained from the beginning,
    and the greatness you deserve from living; and getting this far to realize you have a passion.
    some aren't quite so blessed.
    so i say CONGRATULATIONS, b/c you're one step ahead of the rest!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member blackaquea's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2002
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    i really admire your bold statements...
    i wish i can just be like you... [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Generalkaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2001
    Posts
    67
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I, for one, would love to hear your music. Working so hard on poetry and prose has cut me off from other art-forms in a way. You've got my email. Send me an mp3, or something, and I promise not to open my big mouth unless you ask. I have one question, though: what does poetry do that music can't? What does music do that poetry can't? I don't know the answer--I'm just asking.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good questions.
    I think... perhaps.. no no.. i know I wrote that when I was in a rather.. well.. shall I just say that I was in a state of dissarray.
    stress does funny things to the brain.

    But... in response to your questions... to me I think that perhaps... music does things that allow me to get out my feelings, and to be 'heard' because, let's face it, today, no one reads. Which is really a shame...
    at least that's what it does for me.. I suppose poetry can be heard, because you can speak it. But I've never liked my poetry when I've spoke it before.. it just never held anything. I've heard, and read some that is just AWESOME when read aloud, and I love it! Say for example, some of Henry Rollins' works.

    So, I dont really know what does, that the other can, or cannot... perhaps I shall think on this some more.
    Glad to see you posting again!
    Keep the posts comin.. we need to get this place movin and shakin again..

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor=""><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Generalkaos:
    I have one question, though: what does poetry do that music can't? What does music do that poetry can't? I don't know the answer--I'm just asking.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    forgive me for being banal.
    my response to this question:

    the answer lies in william blake's introduction
    to the songs of innocence...
    (which i'll post so no one has to search)

    *******

    Piping down the valley's wild
    Piping songs of pleasant glee
    On a cloud I saw a child,
    And he laughing said to me,

    "Pipe a song about a Lamb";
    So I piped with merry chear;
    "Piper pipe that song again"--
    So I piped, he wept to hear.

    "Drop thy pipe thy happy pipe
    Sing thy songs of happy chear";
    So I sung the same again
    While he wept with joy to hear.

    "Piper sit thee down and write
    In a book that all may read"--
    So he vanish'd from my sight.
    And I pluck'd a hollow reed.

    And I made a rural pen,
    And I stain'd the water clear,
    And I wrote my happy songs
    Every child may joy to hear.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •